Click here to see stock photos used: [link]
Okay, funny story. I totally thought the deadline for this contest was the end of this month. Well, silly me saved the date wrong. It ended at the end of MARCH!! *cry* Wow. My brain really malfunctioned on that one. Ah well.
I found out late last night before I went to bed, and all I could do was laugh.
Good thing is, it was an excellent challenge. It was a contest outside of DA, and they provided all the stock photos. 12 only. Of those 12, we were supposed to use an element of at least 4 in our manipulation. They purposely chose very difficult stock... and I really had to drink a lot of coffee to come up with this one. Some of the other photos were platters of food... a grocery store aisle... etc. etc.
Anyway, if you check the link - you'll see I decided to use very minimal elements from the pictures. At first I was trying to do too much, and my first idea was getting really busy. At last, I just told myself to think with color and form, and not with element and detail, and this is what I came up with.
So, in the end, it was a challenge, and a lesson in construction if nothing else. I probably never in my life would have made a piece containing a woman with a flamingo wrapped around her head.
But since I had to work with what they gave me... Viva La Flamingo.
(We were allowed to use any and all plugins, add-ons, programs, etc. we wanted. We just could not use other pictures aside from what they provided. So the only stock from DA I used, was a feather brush stock from